Tuesday, November 22, 2011

How would you feel if your son/daughter wanted a nose job?

What would you do?|||I'm not a parent, but I'm a teen who does and will get a nose job as her graduationg present. When I was younger, my uncle was stupid enough to not pay attention to what he was doing. He was holding the carrier with me in it and then something either happened to the carrier or him and I fell out of it and fell flat on my face. My once little, tiny perky button nose is now huge, lumpy and I hate it.





I've been hating my nose ever since I was really little. It had nothing to do with anyone else's opinions on my nose, it was my own. I hated my nose. Also whenever I go in the water to swim or something, I have to use nose plugs. I remember when I was little and a swim instructor tried to help me swim without holding my nose and it was one of the most painful things even though I was told it wasn't supposed to hurt. I could just put my nose in the water for a couple seconds and the pain would start. My mom thinks it has to do with my sinuses.





I can't stand my nose, it's horrible. I've always disliked it and it has absolutely nothing to do with peer pressure. I talked to my mom about it. I told her how much I detested my nose and that when I was older and had money I was going to get a good plastic surgeon and get it fixed. You know what? She's okay with that. She's fully supporting me with it. She figures if I hate my nose that much yet I can go fix it, why should I go on for the rest of my life complaining and being miserable about it? She said that she might pay half or all of my surgery when I turn 18 and I graduate from high school. Which I'm cool with, I can wait. One of the big reasons is because of healing time and it will sort of be a fresh, confident start when I go to college.|||Well I would talk with them find out why they want one and are they 100% sure, let them know all the risks that are involved as well. It really depends on their age, any child under 18 I would say no way to. But if my child was over 18 and had the money then I would wish them good luck and hope its what they really want.|||If it were a major self esteem issue then I would get him one- just as I would get him braces if his teeth weren't straight. It's no big deal and if it helps him thats great.|||that blows. id assume the doctor nose best and i wouldnt sneeze at his advice, doctors aren't to be sniffed at. 'snot for me to decide how people deal with their insecurities.|||I wouldn't mind, it's their life...but at the back of my mind i'd give it a thought that their nose is half mine|||If it affected their self esteem then I'd let them get one.





I used to have HUGE breasts until I was 15 when my parents let me get a breast reduction. It affected my way of life and gave me so much more confidence.|||It depends on what their reasons were.





If they lacked confidence, lacked self-esteem, were getting bullied because of it then I may allow it (the severity of the issue would be considered).





If they were giving into peer-pressure or just thought it would help them fit in because "everyone's doing it" then I wouldn't allow it and try to stop them.





But that's my opinion and I'd have to consider the specific situation.|||Depends. If their nose was causing breathing or some other medical problem, I would pay for it. If was just because of cosmetic reasons, I wouldn't help them pay for it.|||I'd get the consultation from the plastic and find out how much it was. Then decide. Support your teen in what they want to do, but if it really isn't affordable or necessary, you will have to decide.|||I WOULD SAY NO!!! AS SIMPLE AS THAT|||No.. not the face. I just couldn't really support that because of all the risks. I could support lipo or breast implants or tummy tucks.. i mean at least you can cover the damage up with clothes until it gets fixed, if something goes wrong.


I would highly discourage them altering anything on their face, though.|||I wouldn't be for it.They wouldn't get it done, I'm not paying for it at all.I would help them feel better at their self esteem in a more positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment