Saturday, November 19, 2011

If someone offered me a job tomorrow and I wanted time to think about it?

Basically, if I was offered a job tomorrow, but wanted time to think about it, would the employer have the right to retract the offer if I was to not hand in my notice at my current job until I returned from a two week holiday. Do they have the right to insist I make a decision one day after the offer, and hand in my notice immediately?|||Of course they can retract the offer but most work places are reasonable and will understand some things take time. best to be honest with them. Next time it happens I woud mention you had a holiday booked at the point of interview.|||Yes no contract signed no job thats the way it is|||If the employer is that pushy, they may not be such a good person/company to work for.





They have presumably offered you the job because they are impressed with your application (and you). Usually during the interview, they'll ask if you've got any outstanding holiday, you could use this for thinking time.|||I employ staff and if I offered you a job following an interview I would expect you to have the courtesy to let me know whether you wanted the job or not. If I did not hear from you i would take it that you were not interested and fill the positon elsewhere.Sorry if this is not the answer you want!!|||do you wont a new job or go on holiday get your self a life go on holidays and keep old job ,wish i did ,iwould still b working 2 day|||HI-, Take your time ask them when would the like a decision, do not do anything in a hurry you may regret it later, think iff you will be happy in this new job ask people that work there what it is like %26amp; even better still ask for a tour of the working place this way you will get a feel of what it will be like,The main thing in employment is that your happy in it it stops you getting board %26amp; at the same time it makes it worth whyl, D.F;|||They have the right to force you to make an instant decision but most employers will give you a little time to think about it. If they demand a snap answer then you probably don't want to work for them anyways.|||Its a job - their job. They make the rules. If they need someone to start immediately and offer you the position, but you cannot take it immediately, they are perfectly well within the law to offer the position to the next candidate.





I would expect and appreciate full honesty from you, if I were the employer... If you want the position but cannot start for four weeks, then you should inform them of that. Tell them that you would like to give two weeks notice to your former employer, and that you would also like to assist in training your replacement, as you really respect your previous employer.... The new employer will see how dedicated and loyal an employee you are, and will be more likely to await your arrival!!





GOOD LUCK on the new job!

No comments:

Post a Comment