Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Is it okay to blame a referee if you don't get the job you wanted?

I have a feeling current employers say and do certain things in order to prevent you from getting another job so they can keep you. Is this true or false? like I'm not getting enough hours each week to make a living so I tried for another job which potentially offers more hours and used my employer as a current work referee because thats what is expected of me...





So whats the deal?|||You can offer your current employer as a reference ONLY AFTER the prospective employer has offered you a position. You can provide past employers, provided they will give a good recommendation, since you no longer work for them.





In most cases, candidates provide the names of people in the current organization who will provide favorable feedback.|||Never ever let your current employer or your boss know that you are interviewing for other positions. They are like your enemy, they dont have your interest in mind, they are not your pals or want to give you hours. Always have a coworker or someone you trust at work to be the reference that would put in a good word for you. I remember this girl left work, and she wrote down my boss as a reference, my boss got a phone call out of the blue, and my boss lied and said she was just a secretary, lied through his teeth even though she was working all my boss work as account manager. My boss really screwed her. Dont trust your HR or your boss, find someone else you trust at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment