Saturday, November 19, 2011

I've always wanted to design movie posters. Anyone know what steps one should take to get a job doing that?

I really like art. Ever since I was little, I thought it would be really cool to design those.|||April D is right. You have to get a degree in Graphic design.|||Definetly graphic design.|||learn to draw %26amp; paint. Start some photography.


Maybe join a few art classes. Pick up some photoshop skills.


Consider going to college to get a degree of you can afford it but not as imprtant as a good portfolio of work. David Carson did it so can you !





Move to Hollywood. Join the art department of either





a) A movie studio - miramax, paramount, etc


b) Advertising company who market films.





Thats it in a nutshell. Quite easy to do %26amp; quite exciting I imagine.|||It could be any number of things. Grapic design, advertising, and storyboarding are a few to mention. Speaking with a advising counselor at a college can help as well. Usually talking to people in a similar field is a start. Fine arts teachers helped me.

No comments:

Post a Comment